Dr. Mary Grace works in the lab of Dr. Mary Ann Lila. She is involved with the investigation of bioactive components in fruits, vegetables and medicinal herbs. There are three components to her research:
- Natural products chemistry including isolation, characterization and structural elucidation of secondary metabolites from plants and other natural sources.
- Biological evaluation of those active natural substances for their potency to alleviate symptoms of some acute and chronic diseases, such as metabolic syndrome, diabetes, age-related diseases, malaria and cancer.
- Development of analytical techniques for medicinal plant analysis.
PhD Cairo University
- Evaluation of saffron extract bioactivities relevant to skin resilience , JOURNAL OF HERBAL MEDICINE (2023)
- Boosting the Bioaccessibility of Dietary Bioactives by Delivery as Protein-Polyphenol Aggregate Particles , JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND FOOD CHEMISTRY (2022)
- Dissecting the genetic basis of bioactive metabolites and fruit quality traits in blueberries (Vaccinium corymbosum L.) , FRONTIERS IN PLANT SCIENCE (2022)
- Spray-dried and freeze-dried protein-spinach particles; effect of drying technique and protein type on the bioaccessibility of carotenoids, chlorophylls, and phenolics , FOOD CHEMISTRY (2022)
- Alaskan Bog Blueberry (Vaccinium uliginosum) Extract as an Innovative Topical Approach to Prevent UV-Induced Skin Damage , COSMETICS (2021)
- Efficacy of Pecan Husk and Shell Phenolic Extracts Against Phytophthora Blight in Chile Pepper , PLANT HEALTH PROGRESS (2021)
- Neuroprotective mechanisms of red clover and soy isoflavones in Parkinson's disease models , FOOD & FUNCTION (2021)
- Novel Spray Dried Algae-Rosemary Particles Attenuate Pollution-Induced Skin Damage , MOLECULES (2021)
- Phytoecdysteroids Do Not Have Anabolic Effects in Skeletal Muscle in Sedentary Aging Mice , INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH AND PUBLIC HEALTH (2021)
- The same anthocyanins served four different ways: Insights into anthocyanin structure-function relationships from the wintergreen orchid, Tipularia discolor , PLANT SCIENCE (2021)