Title: Research Specialist
Ph.D., N.C. State University
Dr. Guoying “Jenny” Ma works in the lab of Dr. Penelope Perkins-Veazie. Ma researches postharvest life and phytochemicals (like antioxidants, anthocyanins, chlorophyll, sugars and organic acids) of different varieties of blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, watermelon, tomato, green bean and leafy greens. She helps evaluate the quality, flavor and nutrient value of the fruits and vegetables. Ma is particularly interested in researching the areas of quality and nutritional value of fruit and vegetable crops.
- Fruit Quality and Composition of Two Advanced North Carolina Strawberry Selections, 2016
- Black raspberry fruit composition over two years from seedling populations grown at four US geographic locations, 2016
- Phytotoxicity and Benzoxazinone Concentration in Field Grown Cereal Rye (Secale cereale L.), 2016
- Shelf life and changes in phenolic compounds of organically grown blackberries during refrigerated storage, 2015
- Enhanced L-citrulline in parboiled paddy rice with watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) juice for preventing Sarcopenia: A preliminary study, 2015