Joe and Terry Graedon, with The People’s Pharmacy show that airs on NPR stations nationwide, interviewed Dr. Mary Ann Lila, director of the Plants for Human Health Institute, on Saturday, June 25, 2011. The segment re-aired on Sunday, June 26, 2011.
LISTEN to the segment – Dr. Lila’s interview begins at the 20:53 mark of the show.
The show aired on the following stations in North Carolina:
- Asheville, N.C. – WVPM FM
- Chapel Hill, N.C. – WUNC FM (91.5), Saturday, 7 A.M. and Sunday, 3 P.M. (www.wunc.org)
- Charlotte, N.C. – WFAE FM (90.7), Saturday, 7 A.M. and Sunday, 3 P.M. (www.wfae.org)
- Manteo, N.C. – WUND FM, 7 A.M.
- Rocky Mount, N.C. – WRQM FM, Saturday, 7 A.M.
- Roanoke Rapids, N.C. – WEZU FM (95.9), Sunday, 7 P.M.
- Winston-Salem, N.C. – WFDD FM, Sunday, 3 P.M.
- Winston-Salem, N.C. – WSNC FM (90.5), Tuesday, 7 P.M.
Dr. Lila, director of the Plants for Human Health Institute and David H. Murdock Distinguished Professor, studies health-enhancing compounds in blueberries and other berries and works with scientists and students around the world to explore natural products for biomedical use. She appeared on The Dr. Oz Show in May 2011 to discuss the multifaceted protection from cancer and other diseases that blueberries provide. (View Bio)
The People’s Pharmacy is an award-winning health talk show. The Graedons are authors of several books and also have a syndicated newspaper column that appears nationwide. They are interviewed frequently on national news shows. Joe is a member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Visit the The People’s Pharmacy website to learn more.
Writer: Justin Moore